1. We respect the power of consulting and apply it for the benefit of our clientele.
2. We listen carefully to those who are concerned about the implications of our recommendations and respond to their concerns.
3. We support strong protection of the confidentiality of our clientele’s information.
4. We respect the competitors involved in our industry and deal with them professionally.
5. We are sensitive to and considerate of the ethical and social issues regarding our consulting engagement.
6. We adhere to strict informed consent procedures.
7. We will abide by the ethical standards of the appropriate association/bodies and, where appropriate, other professional societies to ensure that our services are appropriately used.
8. We oppose the use of consulting to develop weapons.
9. We win engagements on our own merit and will not solicit business by criticism of competitors, self-laudation, or lobbying.
10. We will avoid conflicts of interest and will not don conflicting roles at the same time (e.g., role of strategic consultants and auditors for the same client at the same time).